Freelance Interior Designer Oldham, UK
• An ambitious and creative designer looking for a new design environment in which to learn, thrive and grow.
• A firm belief that design is a tool that can stimulate innovation and growth and should be used where possible to
improve quality of life.
• An enthusiastic, dedicated and hardworking individual who exudes creativity and positivity.
• A belief that sustainable design is key to future growth and that good design should encompass this.
|Hourly Rate / Cost:||£21.18 per hour (ex. VAT)|
|Daily Rate / Cost:||£169.41 per day (ex. VAT)|
About QR Codes
people4 is the first employment business to generate QR codes.
Now users with a smart-phone scanning app can store this information - including job title, brief description and a link to this page - to use when ready to shortlist or set up a contract.
For more information, see the wikipedia article on QR Codes
CV (Curriculum Vitae) / Résumé
Interior Design Skills
Highly creative /sophisticated conceptual thinking /thorough research and development /site surveys /space planning /
atmospheric mood board creation /good understanding of materials and their environmental impact /strong supplier contacts /conceptual and rendered visuals / proficient digital photography /accomplished graphic design /professional presentation skills /strong literary & copywriting skills
Self motivated /integral team member / proactive /adaptable /confident presenter and speaker /time management / budgeting and scheduling /professional understanding of branding and marketing / extremely personable /quick thinker / strong use of initiative /diplomatic/strong conversationalist
Proficient IT Programs
• Autocad 2012
• Google Sketchup Pro
• Vray and Podium for Sketchup
• Adobe Photoshop
• Adobe Indesign
• Microsoft word/excel/powerpoint
• Mac and windows literate
• Bluebeam Revu
(Jun 2012 to Sep 2012)
Interior Designer/Architectural AssistantChorley, Lancashire
Responsibilities Included; 3d Visualisation work conceptual and rendered for various interiors schemes using Sketchup, Podium and Photoshop programs. As part of the design team , I would either create or enhance visuals as per changes to the design scheme. I also created space plan layouts and finishes plans in AutoCAD. I also created mood and sample boards, and presentation sheets for finishes and furniture options. Occasionally my work would steer away from interiors where perhaps a visual for an architectural project was required. Some projects that I undertook in¬cluded:
Scott Clinic, Medium Secure Mental Health Unit, Feasability Study ;
- Refurbishment of Entrance and Waiting Area
- Refurbishment of a workshop area into an Occupational Therapy Hub.
- Creating Cad layouts from sketch plans for both of the above
- Creating 3d conceptual layout plans and visuals in sketchup
Liverpool Womens Hospital Outpatients Gynaecology Dept:
-Refurbishment and remodelling of existing facilities
-Main responsibilities were drawing the proposed layouts in CAD from sketched space plans
- Creating coloured zoning layouts for these plans indicating levels of refurbishment.
Liverpool Womens Hospital Fetal Unit and Front of House Refurbishment
-Main duties for the Foetal Unit involved, updating visuals in photoshop and sketchup with new choices for flooring and
reception desk laminates. I specified samples, amended the visuals as necessary and created mood boards with these.
-Main duties for the waiting area and entrance re- design were changes to colours/finishes, and in the waiting area choosing a finish for a feature column, I created a unique floral motif in photoshop from an existing graphic, and added this to the existing visual.
Liverpool Womens Hospital Front of House Refurbishment
Conceptual Visuals for the Baby Room and Quiet Room (prayer room)
- The baby room had to be a quiet space for reflection, I wanted to keep it modern and simple and choose the light lilac colour as it is calming and also fits with the hospitals branding colours,
- The quiet room had existing stained glass windows which I tried to replicate in sketchup. As green is a relaxing colour I chose this as a feature glass/frosted perspex wall panel which could be backlit to gently glow. To avoid any obvious religious references the space is calm, reflective and simple, with a modern edge to enable it to avoid looking dated at all in the future.
Clares House Childrens Hospice, Birkenhead
This project is a refurbishment of an existing childrens hospice. As my involvment occurred towards the end of my contract at Gilling Dod, I was given the opportunity to come up with a concept idea and a mood/finishes ideas board for the Family Room and adjacent Rest Room. (see backpage for visual)
- A created a sketchup model for both and visual for the family room in photoshop.
- I also put together a presentation sheet for finishes/materials/furniture ideas that could be shown to the client at concept stage.
Prestwich Hospital, McGuiness Unit Young Persons Mental Health Facility
This project is a large ongoing refurbishment, of which my role included, updating finishes plans, and colour plans. Additionally I had to source concept images for potential wall graphics for areas such as IT room, Food technology room, Childrens visiting area etc. One in particular (see right) was a conceptual ‘Manchester’ collage I created that was intended to fill the length of a main corridor. I sourced various images put them all together and added background and so on in photoshop, then applied it to the interior wall visual.
(Oct 2011 to May 2012)
Lakeside , Cheadle
Office Refurbishment for Blemain Finance
Project Value £2.5 million
Status; On site January 2012
- Working alongside a senior designer to create and update all drawings for the project including;
Demolition plans, Furniture Layouts, Power and data plans, Flooring finishes plans, Wall finishes plans
- Designing a cafeteria scheme for 120 covers
- Choosing finishes for the scheme within a refined budget and managing sample costs to reflect this budget and managing the orders.
- Creating conceptual 3d visuals in Sketchup for the cafeteria to along with final scheme proposals
- Creatng A1 mood board presentations reflecting all finishes specified
- Working within tight time constraints- related to client changes & producing a tender package
- Client meetings/site co-ordination
(Nov 2009 to Dec 2009)
Junior Interior DesignerManchester
Work placement won through University via a competition for 2nd Year students
- Drawing and updating floor plans for current projects on Autocad 2010, for office/commerical refurbishments
- Site Surveys and site Photography
- Document Control
- Administrative duties where required
(Oct 2008 to Jun 2009)
FDSC (part time) Architectural Technology & Interior Design
(did not complete as won a place onto the 2nd year of a degree
course at MMU)
( to 2001)
The Oldham VI Form College
A-levels in English Literature, Psychology, French
NVQ Level 1 in Spanish and Italian
( to 2004)
The University of Leeds
Creative Writing - Bachelor of Arts with honours
( to 2011)
Manchester School of Art
Interior Design - Bachelor of Arts with honours
Categories & Freelance Skills
- Complaint Handling
- Customer Service
- Excel (Microsoft)
- Letter Writing
- Outlook (Microsoft)
- PowerPoint (Microsoft)
- Word (Microsoft)
- Bar work (Staff)
- Night Club Management (Management)
- Pub/Bar Management (Management)
- Restaurant Management (Management)
- Medical Secretary (Admin Support)
- Patient & Community Liaison (Communications & Corporate Affairs)
- Patient Administration (Patient Liaison)
- Pre-admission (Patient Liaison - Patient Administration)
- Academic (Writing)
- Acrobat (Adobe)
- Art Photography
- Copywriting (Writing)
- Creative Writing (Writing)
- CVs (Writing)
- French (Languages)
- Google SketchUp (3D Graphics/Modelling)
- Graphic Design
- Illustrator (Adobe)
- InDesign (Adobe)
- Interior Design
- Logos/Stationery (Design)
- Marketing Copy (Writing)
- Paint Shop Pro
- Photoshop (Adobe)
- Presentation Design (Design)
- Product Design (Design)
- Proof Reading (Editing)
- Set Design (Design)
- Speeches (Writing)
- VectorWorks (3D Graphics/Modelling)