Freelance 3D/CAD Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, UK
Freelance 3D/CAD/Civil 3D Technician, Web, Design, Animation and Mutimedia Skills
|Hourly Rate / Cost:||£23.53 per hour (ex. VAT)|
|Daily Rate / Cost:||£188.24 per day (ex. VAT)|
|: Freelancer has their own limited company|
About QR Codes
people4 is the first employment business to generate QR codes.
Now users with a smart-phone scanning app can store this information - including job title, brief description and a link to this page - to use when ready to shortlist or set up a contract.
For more information, see the wikipedia article on QR Codes
CV (Curriculum Vitae) / Résumé
An accomplished and experienced Web Designer with all round Multimedia and Animation capability, I have been fortunate to have worked in a broad variety of nationwide companies and involved with multidisciplinary projects within the private and public sectors. My highly adaptable and flexible approach combined with strong organisational working practice has ensured I have been able to meet challenges head on, often under pressure, surpassing management expectations and contributing to returning client assignments. I can be relied upon in problem solving, developing creative concepts and providing excellent technical support, both independently and as a keen team player.
• IT Skills: HTML, CSS, Joomla, Wordpress, Dreamweaver, Autodesk Civil 3D, AutoCAD, Corel Draw, Maya, 3D Studio Max, Eon Vue, V-Ray, Mental Ray, Combustion, Bijou, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Flash.
Key Professional Acheivements:
• Managed development and ongoing maintenance of bespoke online safety task management and training system created for staff at Mariott hotels nationwide - Global HSE Solutions.
• In partnership with leading security experts Hill & Associates, developed innovative bomb detection and suspicious indicators online training suites for counter terrorism – Global HSE Solutions.
• Created sophisticated landing pages and interactive content for RHS Chelsea Flower Show 2011 - Interflora.
• Delivered an engaging new corporate identity and website for an online radio station, including branding, graphics and flash animation, which gained over 1 million hits in the first month post-launch.
• Successfully completed a major landscape engineering project for EDF Energy for the disposal of 4.8 million tonnes of non-recyclable pulverised fuel ash - Jacobs Engineering.
• Created illustrations selected for Landscape Architecture Institute magazine, part of a master planning project for a German ex-military base transformed into housing development - Faulkes, Perry, Culley and Rech.
(Feb 2013 & ongoing)
• Currently developing the front end design and user interface for the website of an international model agency based in Germany.
(Aug 2012 to Feb 2013)
• Produced numerous CAD drawings whilst working as a contractor to assist with overhead line electrification, secondary ducting and track and alignment design whilst working on the Nottingham NET2 Tram extension project.
(Oct 2011 to Apr 2012)
New Media Project Developer
• Worked on the development of a bespoke online fraud risk management system, in association with Hill & Associates – leading international security providers.
• Responsible for Global HSE Solutions rebranding, producing visual identity concepts, all corporate marketing materials, and the development of an innovative new website with provision for future e-commerce and online training.
• Developed and managed an intuitive online property management system for Mercien Housing, primarily for fire risk assessments and tracking of passive fire stopping works.
• Produced and supplied an online contractor vetting system for York Racecourse.
• Developed an intuitive and highly functional safety task management and training platform for Marriott hotels, designed for and delivered to its staff nationwide, providing ongoing technical support once completed.
• Created, in collaboration with Hill & Associates, a bespoke online counter terrorism training suite for Peninsula Hotels, covering bomb detection and suspicion indicators.
(Nov 2009 to Oct 2011)
• Provided branding and technical expertise on new radio station website and identity project, including creating visual concepts, addressing technical aspects and integrating a custom-built audio system.
• Created a number of contemporary websites using Joomla, and other leading CMS providers.
• Proposed and implemented e-commerce solutions such as restaurant reservation systems, ‘shopping carts’, client management ticketing and billing systems into a variety of website projects.
• Delivered on international bids for a range of exterior landscaping design projects delivered in Maya, 3D Studio Max, Eon Vue, V-Ray and Mental Ray.
(Oct 2007 to Oct 2009)
• Contributed to the groundbreaking multi-billion GBP Agility Trains/Network Rail bid. Rendered images of the new high speed trains, and a Hitachi depot for presentation.
• Rapidly produced fly through animations and photo montages for Network Rail to support the planning application for the multi-million National Track Materials Recycling Facility project.
(Sep 2007 to Oct 2007)
• Contributed to regeneration and redevelopment projects for housing and multi-occupational use during this temporary role; including the supply of axonometric line drawings in Photoshop, illustrated site layouts, and created cross sections.
• Produced illustrated reports and brochures for bids, clients and planning committees.
( 2004 to 2007)
De Montfort University
BA (Hons) Animation Design (Animation and VFX for film and broadcast)
( 2001 to 2003)
HNC Multimedia Design
( 2000 to 2001)
City and Guilds Computer Aided Design
( 2000 to 2002)
BTEC Professional Development Certificate in Advanced Computer Aided Design
Urban Design Assistant, RDC, Aug 2007 – Sept 2007
• Effectively contributed to a broad range of residential projects for major housing developers such as Wimpey, Bovis Homes and Westbury Homes, including the production of 3D elevations for show houses.
• Created illustrations, CAD drawings and visualisations to support applications for planning consent.
Project Coordinator, Styles and Wood Store Planning, June 2006 – Sept 2006
• Played a key role in a major construction design management project for Tesco by conducting surveys of store car parks (examining drainage and highlighting other faults).
CAD Technician, Gleeds, May 2006
• Produced a series of shop front elevations and surveys of internal shop space for 20 nationwide O2 stores, in preparation for redesign and refitting.
CAD Technician, Nottinghamshire County Council, Oct 2001 – Oct 2005
• Created and supplied CAD drawings, illustrations and 3D models for landscaping and road scheme planning applications.
• Produced a 3D landscaping visualisation for a comprehensive school.
• Devised an innovative and bespoke signage design for the entrance to Netherfield, Nottingham, supplying four concepts based on the town’s important railway heritage.
(This Candidate has recently been shortlisted or contracted for the following people4 assignment)
- 3D Modeller: Our client is looking for a freelance 3D Modeller/ Animator for a 2 month contract to transcribe 3D laser scans into useable models. Work can be done remote with weekly phone conferences. If you have 3D Modelling experience and are available to start in the next two weeks then please contact Hannah Cockill to discuss in more details. Hannah - email@example.com / 0845 371 0722