Freelance Illustrator/Animator London, UK
I have over 18 years experience working as an artist/animator within graphic and entertainment industries. I’m a highly creative individual with excellent 2D and 3D skills, proficient with all leading industry tools and methods. An enthusiastic team player who can work just as well independently. Very social and articulate with strong written and verbal communication skills. Able to easily adapt and multi-task working quickly and efficiently to meet deadlines.
|Hourly Rate / Cost:||£29.41 per hour (ex. VAT)|
|Daily Rate / Cost:||£235.29 per day (ex. VAT)|
About QR Codes
people4 is the first employment business to generate QR codes.
Now users with a smart-phone scanning app can store this information - including job title, brief description and a link to this page - to use when ready to shortlist or set up a contract.
For more information, see the wikipedia article on QR Codes
CV (Curriculum Vitae) / Résumé
Digital 3D Character and Prop Modelling • Photorealistic Texturing & Rendering • 2D/3DAnimation• Style Guides • Mock ups • 2D Illustration & Design • Maya • Softimage • 3DS Max • Photoshop • Illustrator • Corel Xara • Particle Illusion • AfterEffects •Flash •Painter•Premiere
(Jun 2006 & ongoing)
• Concept art, illustration, design and animation for slot machines.
• Web based illustration and design for a WA Governmental sex education site.
• Designs and animations using 3DSMax, Flash and After Effects for an LCD screen attached to a stage prop bus for the West End musical ‘Priscilla Queen of the Desert’.
(May 2005 to Feb 2006)
Lead Character AnimationSydney
• Using 3DSMax with Character Studio to rig and animate lead ‘SGI’ characters in the PS3/Xbox 360/wii video game ‘Stargate’. These would be exported from Max and tested in-game via the Unreal Engine.
(Nov 2004 to Apr 2005)
Modelling-Animation-Illustration-Texturing-DesignerMousemonkeys , London
• Hi-end models, animation, textures and rendering for various DVD menus. These included a postcard rack menu for the TV series ‘Little Britain’ and a fully animated/textured 3D shark for the Jaws: 30th Anniversary DVD.
• Storyboard and animation in Photoshop and 3DS Max for the BBC ident: 2 Entertain
• Design and illustrations working from a client brief for ‘Paper House’ greeting cards.
• Building and texturing 3D backgrounds for the children’s BBC TV series ‘Pongwiffy’
(Nov 2003 to Nov 2004)
Art DirectorEntara Ltd, London
Nov 2003 – Nov 2004 Entara Ltd London
• Art Director designing a style guide, web games, posters and children’s books for the TV property ‘Jakers! The Adventures of Piggly Winks’. All 3D work completed in Softimage. 2D work in Photoshop and Illustrator.
(Sep 2001 to Nov 2003)
Modelling – Texturing – Skinning - Rigging – AnimatorAsylum Entertainment, London
• Using concept art work from the children’s TV series ‘Galidor’ to model, texture, skin, rig and animate characters in Maya. Game was published and released by Lego.
(Nov 2000 to Sep 2001)
Concept Artist – Storyboards – Modelling – Skinning – Rigging - AnimationSony (SCE) , London
• Taken on as a lone artist in an experimental games team for Sony. I worked closely with two programmers and a games designer to create prototype games from concept to a basic demo within short turnaround times.
• Using Softimage and Maya to build, texture, rig and animate characters and vehicles.
• Storyboard game ideas, mechanics and levels for presentation purposes.
• Concept characters and environments for presentation purposes.
Feb 2000 – Aug 2000 Pure Entertainment London
Concept Artist – Designer – Animation – Modelling - Texturing - Rigging
• Working with games designers to conceptualize, build, texture and animate mini games for the ‘Freeloader’ website.
• Conceptualize, build, texture rig and animate the lead character in the PS2 game ‘Flint’ using 3DS Max and Photoshop.
• Importing the finished models and animations into the Unreal Engine.
Jun 1997 – Feb 2000 Blitz Games Leamington Spa
Art Director – Concept Art – Modelling – Texturing – Rigging – Level Design
• Working from concept art to model, rig and animate very low poly characters for the Hasbro game ‘Glover’.
• Import characters and animations using an in-house engine.
• Build and texture environments.
• Storyboard, build, texture and animate a short movie pitch which leads to a presentation where Blitz won a contract for ‘Frogger 2’.
• Promoted to Art Director on the N64 project ‘Dragon Sword’. Pulled around a much maligned project after the former Art Director resigned.
• Managed a team of 10 people. Duties included presentations to MGM Producers. Scheduling out the entire project and making sure that everyone hit their respected monthly milestones.
Dec 1996 – May 1997 Sterling Games Chelmsford
Concept Artist – Modeller - Animator
• Concept design, model building and animation for the PS1 game ‘Madhouse’.
1995 – 1996 The Animation Works Melbourne
• Digital painter on the children’s TV series ‘The Silver Brumby’.
Jun 1994 – Aug 1995 Steven Spielberg’s Amblimation London
Digital Keyframe Painter – Keyframe Animator
• Artist, painter and keyframer on the 2D feature film ‘Balto’.
(This Candidate has recently been shortlisted or contracted for the following people4 assignment)
- 3D Modeller: Our client is looking for a freelance 3D Modeller/ Animator for a 2 month contract to transcribe 3D laser scans into useable models. Work can be done remote with weekly phone conferences. If you have 3D Modelling experience and are available to start in the next two weeks then please contact Hannah Cockill to discuss in more details. Hannah - firstname.lastname@example.org / 0845 371 0722