Freelance CG Generalist Crediton, Devon, UK
A CG Animation Masters graduate, I have most recently worked within a visual effects environment for the BAFTA award winning studio Jellyfish Pictures.
|Hourly Rate / Cost:||£29.41 per hour (ex. VAT)|
|Daily Rate / Cost:||£235.29 per day (ex. VAT)|
About QR Codes
people4 is the first employment business to generate QR codes.
Now users with a smart-phone scanning app can store this information - including job title, brief description and a link to this page - to use when ready to shortlist or set up a contract.
For more information, see the wikipedia article on QR Codes
CV (Curriculum Vitae) / Résumé
Lighting and shading in computer animation is the area I specialise in, but I have also been working as a CG generalist.
I believe I can use my skills gained as a fine artist in creating interesting and imaginative work, and would relish the opportunity to further develop my skills, especially if it has the added benefit of working with industry leaders in their field.
The software I use most often are Softimage, ICE, Syflex, Lagoa, Mental Ray, Arnold, Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Premier, however I am also happy working in 3D Studio Max, Maya, Nuke and Python.
I am also skilled in HTML, AutoCAD, Dreamweaver, Flash, Illustrator and Shopcreator applications.
(Aug 2011 to May 2013)
Having left University I was immediately offered an internship with Jellyfish Pictures. This quickly turned into a permanent contract, where I was able to produce work for film, TV and advertising.
The last year has seen me credited for work on the feature film ‘The Dinosaur Project’, as well as showcase series’ for the History and Discovery channels.
Other Duties - 3D Generalist:
• Previz artist.
• Simulation artist using ICE particles system, Lagoa and Syflex.
• Camera animation.
• Modelling, animation and texturing.
Other Duties - 3D Lighting Artist
• Setting up HDR lighting rigs and scene specific lights.
• Shader set up for Mental Ray and Arnold.
• Setting render passes, buffers, multi-channel renderer settings for Arnold and Mental Ray.
• All aspects of render checking before passing to comp stage.
• Other more general duties include scaling from track and building basic scenery models.
(Mar 2009 to Oct 2010)
Interior Design ConsultantExeter
• Main duties included designing various home interiors for customers wanting fashionable design solutions.
• Site surveying, 3D visuals using AutoCAD, costing and presenting directly to customers.
• Working in a target driven environment whilst ensuring that excellent customer service is always delivered.
(Oct 2010 to Aug 2011)
MA Computer Animation
(Sep 1995 to Jul 1998)
University of Plymouth
BA Hons Fine Art
▪ Animation skills in lighting, modelling, rigging, texturing and scripting.
▪ Proficient in XSI Softimage, ICE, Syflex, Lagoa, Mental Ray, Arnold, Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Premier.
▪ Also skilled in HTML, AutoCAD, Dreamweaver, Flash, Illustrator and Shopcreator applications.
▪ Knowledge of 3D Studio Max.
▪ Knowledge of Maya.
▪ Basic compositing skills using Nuke.
▪ Basic Python coding.
▪ Talented free hand drawer, illustrator and screen printer with an eye for aesthetic detail and creative concept and conviction.
▪ Photography skills in composition, processing, developing and exhibiting.
▪ Building and maintaining relationships with clients, on a consultancy basis.
▪ Strong communicator and influencer.
▪ Working under pressure, in a high target driven environment.
▪ Problem solving within a team and as an individual.
▪ Listening, taking and leading direction.